Maggie's Famous Hot Sauce

yuppicide
0

This is more watery than I expected. I just cooked up two hot dogs, put them on buns, put sauce on top of each. By the time I put the lid on the sauce, put it in the fridge, and put the spoon in the sink (30 seconds?) the liquid soaked so much into the bread that when I picked up a bun it fell apart. As I tried to catch the hot dog, it knocked the other hot dog off my plate, tipped over my iced tea and ruined everything. I would not recommend this as a condiment on top of bread unless you're going to maybe use a fork or something to strain it a bit and make it less watery. Since I still wanted to review this product, I decided to just put some on top of a bun by itself.

This is the "mild" version and it's pretty hot. It tastes like a combination of that vinegary hot pepper spread you can get on top of a sandwich at a sub shop, mixed with ketchup. There's a lot of interesting ingredients in here, but I don't taste the depth of flavor I thought I'd get. I don't mind the flavor, but I think I could probably make a close copycat to this with far less ingredients. By the time I walk from the kitchen to the bedroom, the bread is a pinkish / redish hue and I can't stand the flavor or texture of the sauce with bread. While I will give this a another try with something else (maybe a baked potato or in an omelette), I won't be buying the it again because I feel it's taste on bread severly limits what I can use it on.

Ingredients: red peppers (distilled vinegar, water, salt, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness), calcium chloride, natural flavor), roasted red peppers (peppers, water, salt, citric acid and calcium chloride added as an afirming agent), sugar, beef base (roasted beef and concentrated beef stock), salt, hydrolyzed soy, corn and wheat proteins, maltodextrin, corn oil, sugar, 2% less of caramel color, cornstarch, autolyzed yeast extract, potato starch, disodium inosinate / disodium guanylate, modified cornstarch, natural flavors), steak sauce (vinegar, corn syrup, tomato paste, water, salt, raisin paste, contains less than 2% of: spices, orange juice concentrate, citric acid, orange peel powder, yeast extract, caramel, onion, xanthan gum, garlic, natural flavor, sunflower oil.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

Post a Comment (0)