The Gourmet Farm Girl Spicy Hot Dog Sauce

yuppicide
2

The first thing that comes to mind is the tiny jar. It's only 8 ounces, when a lot of jars are 12 ounces, but the price is right. When comparing the price to something that's 12 ounces, this comes out to the same price per ounce. I didn't know how I'd like this, so I only ordered one jar, but it would make more sense if you order a few at a time so shipping costs are combined.

Definitely looks, smells, and tastes of tomato, after all they are the first ingredients listed. The beans lend itself to making a thicker texture, but I am not sure if they lend anything to the flavor. There is a tiny sweetness at first, but then the heat comes through. I actually wasn't expecting it to be this hot. The heat remains on your tongue awhile, kind of dulling all the other flavors. This is reminiscent of something I'd have made myself. If you don't like foods that are medium to hot in spiciness you'll probably want to order the regular variety. Beef is listed as one of the ingredients, but I don't taste that. I definitely want to try the regular variety, as I think more brightness will come through from the other ingredients instead of just hotness, but I would definitely order this one again as well.

Ingredients: tomato juice (tomatoes, salt), tomatoes, red beans, black beans, onions, ground beef, tomato paste, brown sugar, spices, gdl (natural acidifier), salt, green peppers, paprika, tumeric, garlic.

Post a Comment

2Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

  1. You mentioned it was made with beef? Does this stuff have a USDA establishment number listed anywhere on the jar or lid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No clue. I was originally saving empty jars, like people who have beer can/bottle connections, but ended up throwing them out.

      Delete
Post a Comment