Pop's Original Screamer Sauce

yuppicide
1

The story starts off with my friend and favorite artist who wrote about Screamer sauce here. His article was enough to make me take a 3 plus hour drive out to Tony's Lunch in Girardville, PA (which only opens at 8PM). Ever since then I've been craving the sauce. A few days later I did some detective work and found another company who makes Screamer sauce. I don't think it has relation to Tony's Lunch, but if my memory serves me correct this sauce is very close.

I drove around 3 hours again into Pennsylvania again just to buy some of this. I'd gladly do it again, however I knew once a new batch was made with the co-packer that it would start to be sold online. That day has come.

I know what you're thinking (if you followed the link above) and it's what most people are going to say. You saw marshmallow fluff in that article above and might have been freaked out. I'll admit I had reservations at first, but the combination turned out nothing short of amazing. You do not need to add marshmallow fluff, but the combination does surprisingly work well together. However, even without fluff this sauce stands on it's own. Even on it's own I think it's pretty amazing. It's a super hot meat based sauce. I don't really know how else to describe it. They make an Extra Hot version, but even the regular one is hot and made me hiccup.

See the links on the left to place an order. This is definitely in my top 3 of  anything I've written about on this website. I would gladly put it on hot dogs, burgers, and cheesesteaks.

Ingredients: I don't have a list of ingredients yet since I've long eaten my last jar and have just ordered some from the website. I'll have that soon.

Post a Comment

1Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

  1. So I ordered some of this based on your glowing review and have to admit I did not care for it.

    I just tried it right out of the jar without heating it up. It has a strange aftertaste to it. I also don't care for the smell of it.

    They use ground hot dogs for meat in this product instead beef. I don't know if that is something they always did or maybe started once they started working with a co packer. The pic of the jar you used on this site doesn't have "Made with ground hot dogs" in small print beneath the word "Sauce" on the label that I currently have.

    I do like the heat (spice level) of it and if it was combined with a burger and marshmallow fluff I would probably like it better as I imagine those other things would mask the bad aftertaste that this sauce has.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment