Homade Chili Sauce

yuppicide
0

At first inspection I thought the picture looked a big sketchy. Something made at home and sold on Etsy. But upon further searching the internet it's actually manufactured by a company in New Jersey and also sold on other websites and in some supermarkets. I found it in ShopRite. Leave it to someone in Dirty Jersey to spell it "Ho". The picture above says "All Natural" but my jar says "Instead of Ketchup". Further reading people seem to love this stuff. Some going far as to say it's the only thing they'll eat on meat loaf. One lady said she buys cases of this at a time.

I don't think ketchup belongs on hot dogs, but I figure with the other ingredients maybe it'll be spicy or something. Sesame seeds seem like such a random ingredient.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to hold off judgement on this until another day. I opened the jar and took a taste. It's tomato laced with sweetness and some crunchy peppers. I took a tiny taste from a spoon, but so far I think this would be better on a hot dog, but with some mustard to add that tangy heat. My initial judgement would be that I don't know why people go so crazy for this stuff. I tried it on crackers also, it's alright, but not something I'd ever go crazy for.

Ingredients: tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, green and red bell pepper, salt, onion, sesame seeds, spices.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

Post a Comment (0)