Zweigles Hot Meat Sauce and Chili Mix

yuppicide
0

This has directions to make both Hot Meat Sauce and Hot Spicy Chili. If you're making meat sauce you combine this with meat and water. Pretty much everything you need is in the packet. However, if you're making chili there's a lot more stuff involved. You only use half a packet, diced tomatoes, ketchup, chili powder, beans, salt, and of course meat and water. I didn't buy this to have to get my own spices out. I think the only recipe I'll make is one that's all inclusive in the packet.

I didn't have high hopes for this because there's not much in the way of interesting spices in the ingredients besides cinnamon. Cutting open the package that's pretty much all you can smell.

It wanted me to brown 1.5 pounds of meat, but the package was 1.18 pounds. I left a little grease in even though it said to drain. As a result of the under weighed meat, this came out a little spicier than it normally would have, but I think it would have still been spicy even with the right amount of meat.

The cook time is 20 minutes, but I think it needed to go longer to cook out some more of the water. It's a little bit thin of a sauce.

Flavorwise all I can taste is cinnamon and heat. It could use some more salt. It could use something else to balance out the flavor besides cinnamon.

Ingredients: cayenne pepper, chili powder, (chili peppers, cumen, oregano, garlic, salt), cinnamon, salt, onion, black pepper, garlic.

PS - They spelled cumin wrong on the package, not me.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

Post a Comment (0)