Texas Brand Hot Dog Sauce

yuppicide
0

Some closeout store was selling tiny jars of this. They were smaller than 12 oz I believe for like $1 and some odd change each. The dates were all good and far enough into the future that I'd be able to use them all so I bought a bunch. Maybe 15 jars or so.

It's been awhile since I tried it, but all I do remember is it's totally disgusting. I didn't like the taste or the texture. I gave the other ones to a friend and he had a similar comment. Neither of us could get through a bite or two of this stuff. I did give it a chance by taking a second or third bite, but I think I spit it out and almost threw up.

Ingredients: water, texas brand seasoning (plain bread crumbs [enriched flour (containing wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine monitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), corn syrup, sugar, vegetable shortening (one or more of the following: partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or cottonseed oil), yeast, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, soy flour, whey, sodiumbistearoyl, 2 lactylate (dough conditioner), calcium propionate (preservative), sesame seeds], dehydrated onion, spices, modified food starch, salt), ground beef, citric acid, sodium benzoate and possassium sorbate as preservatives.

These idiots don't know how to spell, or the fine print is so small they can't see the errors. I assume they mean "thiamine mononitrate" and "potassium sorbate" above. There might be more wrong spellings, I just don't have the time to go through it with a magnifying glass.

Rating: 1 (out of 5)

Post a Comment

0Comments

Tried this product? Leave your feedback.

Post a Comment (0)